Thanks to AEA's affiliation with the National Education Association, we are able to offer additional professional development opportunities, including:
- The New Educator Guide, which can help you navigate your first months as a teacher
- The Teacher Leadership Institute, which offers a year-long, cohort based learning experience for those selected as TLI fellows.
- A variety of independent study courses, webinars, and blending learning courses through NEA's Professional Excellence Portal. All of them are free to members.
- Jump Start provides support to educators interested in pursuing National Board Certification. The program is supported by NEA in collaboration with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- AEA members get a discount on all professional development courses offered by the Professional Learning Board.