Advocating for change for all Arizona students and educators.
As an AEA member, you have a voice at the Arizona state capitol. Our policy priorities are determined democratically each year at our annual Delegate Assembly. From there, AEA members advocate, organize and build power to turn our priorities into a reality.
Ready to get involved?
- Know the issues. Check out our 2022-2023 legislative agenda, or the in-depth explainers in our resource library.
- Get the latest. Make sure you’re following AEA and your local association on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and that you’re receiving our regular email updates.
- Register to vote. Elected officials make most of the decisions that impact our schools and our communities. Luckily, we have power at the ballot box to support candidates who make policies that benefit our students, their families, our profession and our schools. You can register to vote easily online!
- Learn about the candidates. The AEA Fund for Public Education is the Political Action Committee (PAC) of the Arizona Education Association to support candidates who support our public schools. Visit the AEA Fund website to view AEA’s recommended candidates for upcoming election and to see information about upcoming events.
- Vote. Your vote matters—from school board elections to the election of our next President of the United States. Arizona makes it easy to vote by mail in every election by signing up for the early voting list. Ballots will be mailed to your home weeks prior to each local, state, and national election.
- Show up. Attend one of our upcoming statewide events, or reach out to your local or your region’s OC to find out what’s happening in your area.