- Keep messages student centered.
- Highlight support from voters, parents, and community for school funding and show us as united.
- Ask lawmakers to oppose this budget and work on a bipartisan budget that invests in education without permanent tax cuts.
- Call out their attempts to divide us and distract us from their failure to fund our schools.
- Focus on ways funding will improve quality of public education in Arizona.
- Include hashtags and links.
Text Posts for Twitter and Facebook — Feel free to edit and personalize to best fit your audience
- Educators and parents stand united in supporting public education funding. Tell lawmakers the proposed state budget harms our students. http://arizonaea.org/budgetwatch #AEABudgetWatch Protect #INVESTinED
- #AZ voters want to fund our schools. 🏫 Tell lawmakers to listen to voters and #INVESTinED http://arizonaea.org/budgetwatch #AEABudgetWatch
- Make your voice heard! 🕫 Join us at the Capitol for #AEABudgetWatch http://arizonaea.org/budgetwatch
- Proposed state budget would give away money to the wealthy 💸 Schools could use that money for:
🏫 Building repairs
🎒 Student support
🚌 School buses and repairs
👩🏫 Keeping and recruiting teachers
📚 Updated textbooks
✏️ Classroom supplies
Budget Watch link: http://arizonaea.org/budgetwatch
This is the shortest link and easiest to remember. It will take people to the budget watch toolkit page where they can get to all other links.
Below are links to individual actions and events if you would like to tailor your post to a specific call to action:
- Email lawmakers: https://www.arizonaea.org/your-rights-workplace/bargaining-educator-voice/take-action/budget-watch/email-lawmakers?ms=budgetwatch&utm_source=website&utm_medium=sm
- Tweet lawmakers: https://www.arizonaea.org/your-rights-workplace/bargaining-educator-voice/take-action/budget-watch/tweet-lawmakers?ms=budgetwatch&utm_source=website&utm_medium=twitter
- Call lawmakers: https://www.arizonaea.org/your-rights-workplace/bargaining-educator-voice/take-action/budget-watch/call-lawmakers?ms=budgetwatch&utm_source=website&utm_medium=sm