All students deserve an education that inspires them, encourages their curiosity, and prepares them for success.
All educators deserve the support, resources, and time to do their jobs well, and the security to retire with dignity.
Through the Arizona Education Association's advocacy at the state capitol, we work to create public pre-K-12 schools, colleges, and universities that are worthy of Arizonans, and to do our part to build a more fair, just, and equitable nation for everyone.
- Lobbies for state legislation that supports public education, educators, and socially just policies, and against legislation that weakens public education and social justice
- Advances the AEA Legislative Program, our member-driven, member-endorsed agenda for what we do in the Arizona Legislature
- Strengthens relationships with key lawmakers on both sides of the aisle
- Prepares AEA leaders and activists to engage with and lobby state legislators
- Provides updates on our advocacy and invites AEA members to engage with their elected officials through our weekly emails, the AEA Legislative Update
- Works with like-minded state organizations and coalitions that share our commitment to strong public schools and resilient public services