Thank you for visiting arizonaea.org, the website of the Arizona Education Association (“AEA”) with assistance from the NEA Portal Company (hereinafter referred to as “NEAPC”). Because we share your concern about privacy, we are letting you know how we collect information about you, what information we collect, how we use the information, under what circumstances we disclose it, and what choices are available to you regarding such data collection.
This Privacy Statement covers information collected at the following website: http://www.arizonaea.org/. For simplicity, we will refer to this as “our site.”
When you visit our site you may provide us with two types of information: (1) non-personal information that is collected on an aggregate basis from all users, and (2) personal information you voluntarily choose to disclose through registering, filling out a profile form, or joining an email list.
AEA/NEAPC uses “cookies” which are small files which allow us to store and sometimes track what you are looking at when you visit our site. If you are concerned about the potential use of information gathered from your computer by “cookies,” you can set your browser to prompt you before it accepts a cookie. Most Internet browsers have settings that let you identify or reject cookies.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
If you do nothing during your visit but browse, read pages, or download information, our site’s operating system will automatically record the following information about your visit without reference to your personal identity.
- The Internet domain for your Internet service, such as “xcompany.com” or “xcompany.net” if you use a private Internet access account or “yourcollege.edu” if you connect from a college or university domain.
- The type of browser that you use (e.g., “American Online version 7” or “Microsoft Internet Explorer 5”).
- The type of operating system that you use (e.g., Windows or Macintosh).
- The date and time you visit our site, and the Web pages that you visit on our site.
- The address of the previous website you visited, if you linked to us from another website.
- The address of the next website you visit, if you linked to it from our site.
This information is used to help us diagnose technical problems. We also use this information to track user interests so that we can provide content and special offers of interest to our site's users. We gather this information in the aggregate -- as a total, not linked to individual users -- and we may share it with our affiliates, Arizona Foundation for Teaching and Learning, NEA, NEA Member Benefits Corporation, NEA Health Information Network, NEA Foundation for the Improvement of Education, and certain other reputable entities which share our interests.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
AEA/NEAPC collects and uses personal information that you voluntarily provide for the purposes described below. By “personal information,” we mean information that on its own can specifically identify you. This includes, among other things, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, fax number, credit card number, etc.
- Membership Information: For certain AEA membership categories, it is now possible to contact the Association or enroll online to join AEA. If you choose to contact the Association or enroll online to join AEA, you must fill out the mandatory fields on the notification or enrollment Web pages(s). For AEA/NEAPC to process your membership information and provide you with quality services, we will have to share this information with our affiliates, NEA and NEA Member Benefits Corporation. For special Association projects, we also may share this information with NEA Health Information Network, NEA Foundation for the Improvement of Education, and certain other reputable entities which share our interests.
- Registration & Profile Information: The “Members only” section of Arizonaea.org contains significant information and services exclusive to AEA members. In order to verify membership in the Association, you must fill out the mandatory fields on the registration form. For AEA/NEAPC to provide with you with this service, we will have to share this information with our affiliates. To improve the quality of our service, we also may share this information with NEA, NEA Member Benefits Corporation, NEA Health Information Network, NEA Foundation for the Improvement of Education, and certain other reputable entities which share our interests.
- Feedback and Other Contact Forms: While we do not ordinarily share personal information that you provide to us on feedback and other contact forms with third parties, depending on the reason(s) for your contact, it may be necessary to share personal information with third parties to comply with your request.
- Discussion Forums: If you choose to participate in a discussion forum, your comments and any personal information that you disclose will be available to anyone who can access the forum. By “discussion forum” (known also by various other names such as “discussion group,” “discussion board,” “message board,” and “online forum”), we mean a website component that enables users to participate in topics of discussion by reading messages from others and by replying to those messages or posting new ones.
- Miscellaneous: You may choose to participate in other activities at our site that may require you to disclose personal information. These activities may include polls, questionnaires, surveys, contests, etc. Because of the nature of these activities, we may share personal information of all participants with third parties.
Links to Other Sites
Our site is a general website not directed to children under the age of 13. The privacy policies and practices contained in this Privacy Statement do not apply to ANY external links. This Privacy Statement applies only to our site or any future site that we may develop. It does not cover sites that are linked to from our site for which we are not responsible (“linked-sites”). These linked-sites will have their own policies and practices that may be different from ours. We therefore encourage you to familiarize yourself with the policies and practices of the linked-sites, especially if you provide personal information to them.
Amendments and Consent to This Privacy Statement
AEA/NEAPC retains the right to amend or otherwise update this Privacy Statement at any time. By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of the information as we have described. If we change our policies and practices, we will post the changes in our Privacy Statement so that you are always aware of them. With this knowledge, you can make an informed decision about whether you wish to provide personal information to us.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, you may contact us at http://www.arizonaea.org/.
Adopted as of August 9, 2006.