Education Support Professionals
ESP Members Matter
Education Support Professionals (ESP) know membership matters because in addition to the benefits shared with teachers, ESP members:
- Have access to issues and information related to their job families.
- Can connect with other ESP across the state and the country.
- Can get information about contracting-out issues, reclassification, safe schools, and more.
- Can get help through their locals with pay equity issues and speak out for ESP issues at their districts.
- Can obtain special training for some job families, such as paraeducators needing to meet "Highly Qualified" requirements.
- Are eligible for special grants, publications and resources for ESP.
Nominate an ESP Member for the ESPecially for Kids Award
This award recognizes extraordinary efforts by classified education support professionals on behalf of young people. The winner of this award will be announced at the AEA Delegate Assembly and nominated as the Arizona candidate for the NEA Education Support Professional of the Year Award. The deadline to apply is in February.
National Education Support Professional Day
National ESP Day is celebrated the Wednesday of American Education Week, which is recognized during the week prior to the week of Thanksgiving every year. ESP Day focuses on the importance of these school employees, who take care of students every day, making sure they have the tools they need to succeed in school.
Visit the NEA website for more information and resources to celebrate ESP Day.
ESP Mentoring Manual
Supporting Our Own: A Manual for ESP Mentoring Programs is an online manual is designed to help local Associations and school districts to plan and implement mentoring programs specifically for and by ESP.
NEA - Eduction Support Professionals
Resources and information for ESP on the NEA website.
I'm an ESP. I'm Worth Professional Pay.
Education support professionals are woefully underpaid and often struggle to feed and shelter their families. These caring professionals deserve to be conpensated fairly. For more information about living wage campaigns, and other efforts to obtain professional pay levels for all educators, visit NEA's Professional Pay area on their website.